Stolen Valor - How to Request Records
Stolen Valor header image
Home | Book | SV Team | Secured Targets | Real Heroes | Links | Media | Kudos | How to Request Records

Military Records Requests

NOTE: Limited information from Official Military Personnel Files is releasable to the general public without the consent of the veteran or the next-of-kin. You are considered a member of the general public if you are asking about a veteran who is no relation to you, or a veteran who is a relative but you are not the next-of-kin.
General Military Record Search
Use this site as your first point of reference to:
  • Request Military Service Records
  • Research Using Military Records
  • Replace Lost Medals and Awards
  • Browse WWII Photos

Website: Veterans Service Records
Request Next of Kin or your own Records
Military personnel records can be used for proving military service, or as a valuable tool in genealogical research. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records several ways.

Website: National Archives